Friday, March 2, 2012

West Jefferson

West Jefferson (often just called 'West Jeff" by locals) is a small village on the outskirts of the Cbus metro area, in eastern Madison County with US Route 40 as the town's main drag. Though the official MSA extends to all counties surrounding Franklin, it can be safely said that once you are west of West Jefferson, you are no longer in Kansas anymore. Well, until the small city of London, then there is pretty much nothing until you get to Springfield. It reminds me of most of the Columbus exurbs in that it looks much like Delaware, Circleville, or Lancaster, only it is much smaller. I only went as far as the western edge of 'downtown', but sadly, there were only 2 examples of remarkable neon. I guess if I had went further west there is a large office park area, but it was late, and there were cops, and I didn't want a late night ticket or have some country-type folk assuming I was up to no good. But anyway, I snapped the two neons I saw in West Jeff. Also, the first pics taken for this in Madison County. Taken the evening of Wed. 2/29.


Cool insurance agent sign. Well that's about it from West Jefferson. I know Delaware and the other outer suburbs/exurbs have more neon. Now that I have reliable wheels, and spring coming up, I will be in neon OT!

No comments: